About Vibrant Emotional Health
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health has been at the forefront of promoting emotional well-being for all people for more than 50 years. As leaders, advocates, educators, and innovators in mental health, we have been raising awareness and offering support to everyone who is struggling. We work every single day to help save lives and assist people to get care anytime, anywhere, and in any way that works for them. We are unwavering in our belief that everyone can achieve emotional wellness with the right care and support. As part of our work, we administer the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which provides 24/7, free, and confidential support for people in emotional distress across the United States. With nearly $85M in revenue, Vibrant operates a diverse portfolio of more than 30 national and local programs that offer life-changing support to millions of people every year.
Vibrant is currently undergoing a transformation, expanding both in size and programming. As the administrator of National Suicide Prevention Lifeline since its inception in 2005, Vibrant recently won the grant to launch a three-digit code for the Lifeline, 988, which will replace the current phone number of 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Vibrant knows that a national three-digit phone number can improve access to vital crisis services, improve the efficacy of suicide prevention efforts, and reduce the stigma about mental health and getting help.
Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone. For more information, please visit www.vibrant.org.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the CEO, Vibrant’s inaugural Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will have the opportunity to elevate the brand and raise national awareness of the organization during a period of unprecedented growth and expansion of services. The CMO will lead collaboratively, working with and through other organizational leaders to bring marketing insights and strategies to cross functional stakeholders, including communications, development and new business advancement. This leader will also develop new, and nurture existing, relationships with key partners, aligning on mutual goals and driving implementation through a variety of co-marketing efforts. The CMO will be responsible for setting and achieving long-term and short-term marketing goals in coordination with Vibrant’s leadership and the Board of Directors’ Marketing and Communications Committee.
Areas of Leadership
- Executive Leadership: Serve as a key member of the Leadership team, responsible for the organization’s overall marketing strategy and oversight of Vibrant's integrated Marketing and Communications departments. Partner with other senior leaders, Board members, and marketing and communications staff to continue to grow Vibrant’s reach and impact. Present and effectively communicate marketing strategy to the Executive team and the Board.
- Team Leadership: Develop and build upon the existing Marketing and Communications teams. Build a strong culture of collaboration, trust, and credibility within the teams and across the organization. Structure and expand the marketing function to advance ambitious marketing goals. Intentionally and authentically build relationships at all levels of the organization, across departments and programs.
- Vision and Drive a Comprehensive Marketing Strategy: Vision, build, and implement a marketing and branding strategy at Vibrant and 988, highlighting Vibrant’s achievements and programs to advance the organization’s presence to a household name. Drive Vibrant's digital marketing positioning to conceive and implement successful marketing campaigns across all channels and subbrands. Measure the performance of all activities and campaigns, assess them against goals, and adjust strategy and activities to achieve them.
- Mission & Values Alignment: Deep belief in the mission and vision of Vibrant Emotional Health, its commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and building an anti-racist organization. A commitment to work with individuals and families to help them achieve mental and emotional wellbeing. Alignment with our core values: lead the way; respect; commitment to excellence; be well.
- Executive & Organizational Leadership: Phenomenal organizational leader with a track record of working with and through other executive leaders and members of an organization to drive strategy at the organizational level. Leadership experience must include effective change management, vision setting, and innovation, and setting clear priorities, goals, and road maps at the enterprise level and for teams.
- Team Leadership: Proven ability to manage and develop a thriving team of professionals at various levels. Astute driver of strategy, including managing teams through strategic pivots and changes. Able to engage and collaborate professionally with all levels of staff, board members, and constituencies.
- Marketing Expertise: At least 20 years of experience as a marketing leader and practitioner, specifically including leading branding, digital, and innovative marketing campaigns. Track record of envisioning and operationalizing enterprise-level marketing strategy. Experience leading in a large, complex nonprofit or mission driven environment is preferred. Outstanding storyteller with experience leading teams to develop compelling images, messages, and voices that make an organization stand out and amplify its impact.
- System & Process Development & Implementation: Experience leading the successful development of systems and processes to effectively and efficiently project manage competing marketing priorities. Track record of building out a marketing function with thoughtful systems and processes that scale with an organization’s existing structures and during periods of growth.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.