About Axis Talent Partners:
Axis Talent Partners is an executive search and talent strategy firm, founded and led by women of color, that partners with social impact organizations to provide search services and talent solutions that are grounded in relationship building and centered in equity and inclusivity. We exist as a practice because we are dedicated to advancing access and opportunity for people of color and historically marginalized identities, and this mission is the north star for our external work and our internal goals and practices.
For nearly a decade, we have been honored to partner with a broad range, size, and type of social impact organizations, spanning issue areas from education equity to environmental justice, hunger, reproductive rights, LGBTQ advocacy and criminal justice reform. In 2020, 85% of the leaders we placed are people of color, and, in our time as a practice, over a third of our clients have engaged with us repeatedly. We are known for being trusted advisors, delivering highly personalized service, and operationalizing anti oppressive practice and inclusivity in our work and values.
Read more about our core values, our approach, and the clients we work with.
About the opportunity:
Our practice is in a pivotal and exciting time of intentional and strategic growth, reflecting an unprecedented demand for our approach to search work, which, we believe, is partly a response to the broader increase in interest in reckoning with racial injustice.
The Associate Partner plays an essential role in delivering on our mission - leading highly personalized, anti-oppressive executive search engagements with our client organizations. The Associate Partner also serves as an integral collaborator and thought partner in the practice, contributing to the continued development of our processes, practices, tools and services.
This is an opportunity to lead in a boutique and reputable search practice dedicated to racial equity and justice, and significantly impact and inform our trajectory and yours in a progressive, non-conventional work paradigm where work life balance, autonomy, flexibility, and shared decision making and authority are seriously cultivated and protected.
How You Will Contribute:
- Lead Client Engagements: A key focus of the role is to lead executive search engagements as the primary client manager from start to finish, employing our highly personalized, equity and inclusivity focused approach. This includes building deep and trusting relationships with clients and candidates; preparation and follow up for client meetings; cultivating and interviewing candidates; and managing with Axis project and search managers and consultants on all of the operational aspects of search work, ensuring successful completion of searches and client satisfaction.
- Collaborate on Org Strategy & Systems: You, and the practice, will both thrive because of your contributions. You will regularly meet, thought partner, and co-create with the CEO and partners on matters of organizational growth, strategic priorities, and progress toward goals. You will bring your own unique expertise and passions to this role and contribute to the advancement and management of our infrastructure, practices, tools, and systems, and take ownership of areas related to your interest and expertise.
- Mission Alignment: You are energized by our mission to support social justice organizations with equity-focused talent solutions and hiring leaders of color.
- Executive Search or Recruitment Experience: You bring significant experience in recruitment generally and/or executive search specifically, “in-house” with an organization or in a client services context
- Relationship Centered Approach: You have a deep client services orientation and have worked in a client-facing, client management, or hiring manager-facing capacity; you excel at relationship building, listening, synthesizing information, and providing highly personalized service.
- Talent Strategy Expertise: Through your work in recruitment or other people practices, you have developed an analysis and area of expertise on talent matters and can provide well-informed advice to clients.
- Project Management: You are an exceptional project manager with an eye toward detail and organization; you have the ability to autonomously drive work forward, but also a strong sense of when to engage other teammates for support, and you are highly skilled at managing up and across.
- Adaptable & Flexible: You thrive in highly flexible, autonomous work contexts; you are willing to pivot on short notice; you seek out support and collaboration and build relationships virtually; you are comfortable in lean environments where things are still being figured out.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus structure, 401K, and profit sharing program
- Extremely flexible and remote work environment
- Health benefits and generous time off that increases progressively with tenure, including sabbatical program
- Generous stipends for professional development, co-working space, cell phone, and laptop
- Culture focused on collaboration, inclusivity, and self care, that holds work life balance at a premium in which all team members are encouraged to work a maximum of 30 hours a week on average
- Opportunity to chart own growth and development trajectory