About Axis Talent Partners:
Axis Talent Partners is an executive search and talent strategy firm, founded and led by women of color, that partners with social impact organizations to provide search services and talent solutions that are grounded in relationship building and centered in equity and inclusivity. We exist as a practice because we are dedicated to advancing access and opportunity for people of color and historically marginalized identities, and this mission is the north star for our external work and our internal goals and practices.
For nearly a decade, we have been honored to partner with a broad range, size, and type of social impact organizations, spanning issue areas from education equity to environmental justice to hunger to reproductive rights to LGBTQ advocacy to criminal justice reform. In 2020, over 85% of the leaders we placed are people of color, and, in our time as a practice, over a third of our clients have engaged with us repeatedly. We are known for being trusted advisors, delivering highly personalized service, and operationalizing anti oppressive practice and inclusivity in our work and values.
Read more about our core values, our approach, and the clients we work with.
About The Opportunity:
Joining our full-time team of six, the Manager of Search Operations plays an integral role in helping in delivering and maximizing our core business – equity-centered executive search services. The Manager of Search Operations partners closely with the Partners in the practice and the Chief of Staff to lead the operational and project management work on a portfolio of executive searches. This work involves much of the nuts and bolts of search management including job posting, research and pipeline building, process management, applicant management, client and candidate interviewing and document creation. The Manager of Search Operations also collaborates with the Chief of Staff to execute, strengthen and refine the systems and processes of our search work to better optimize the way our searches are run.
This role is an essential player on our search teams and in our practice, and provides the opportunity to significantly impact the way a boutique and reputable search practice, dedicated to racial equity and justice, functions and delivers its mission. It is also an opportunity to learn from talent experts with decades of experience, and chart your own growth trajectory in a progressive, non-conventional work paradigm where work life balance, autonomy, flexibility, and shared decision making and authority are seriously cultivated and protected.
How You Will Contribute:
- Internal Search Operations (30%): Join Partners on a portfolio of executive search engagements to serve as lead project manager, ensuring the search team is on track with timeline and deliverables including: leading logistics for engagement kick offs; managing internal search team meetings and monitoring process flow; supporting on client interviews, leading initial drafts of all client materials creation; managing communications with clients; managing client agendas, meeting notes and next steps; managing client and candidate scheduling
- External Search Operations: (30%) Ensure strong candidate experience and candidate-related deliverables on a portfolio of search engagements including: leading candidate materials creation (interview guides, candidate packets); support on client interviews; manage applicant flow and communication in applicant tracking system; conduct initial screen and in-depth interviews; conduct outreach and cultivation interviews with prospective candidates; participate in client check-in meetings
- Research and Pipeline Development (30%): Lead the research and market segmentation work to systematically and strategically build diverse, high potential candidate pipelines for executive search engagements; support the research efforts involved in business development inquiries, interviews and proposals
- Practice Systems & Special Projects (10%): Collaborate with the Chief of Staff, Managing Director and Search Operations Manager colleague(s) to continually evaluate, strengthen and optimize our internal search processes and systems; serve as thought partner and collaborator on the team as a whole across internal, special and non-search related projects
What Qualifies You:
- Mission Alignment: You are energized by our mission to support social justice organizations with equity-focused talent solutions and hiring leaders of color.
- Systems, Operations, and Process Orientation: You bring expertise in, and passion for, system optimization and management; experience implementing and improving systems and tools that increase business functioning or efficiency; and experience with Salesforce, Google platforms & tools, Asana, and applicant tracking systems preferred.
- Project Management: You are an exceptional project manager with an eye toward detail and organization; you have the ability to autonomously drive work forward, but also a strong sense of when to engage other teammates for support, and you are highly skilled at managing up and across.
- Experience in Recruitment: You have experience managing a recruitment effort, working with hiring managers, interviewing and/or taking candidates through an interview process; ideally you have experience conducting research and outreach to build candidate pipelines
- Relationship Centered: Whether introverted or extraverted you are skilled at connecting with others, in person and virtually; you seek to understand, listen deeply, and synthesize themes to develop an analysis.
- Adaptable & Flexible: You truly thrive in highly flexible, autonomous work contexts; you are willing to pivot on short notice; you seek out support and collaboration and build relationships virtually; you are comfortable in lean environments where things are still being figured out.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus structure, 401K with profit-sharing program
- Annual and business development bonuses
- Extremely flexible and remote work environment
- Health benefits and generous time off that increases progressively with tenure, including sabbatical program
- Generous stipends for professional development, co-working space, cell phone, and laptop
- Culture focused on collaboration, inclusivity, and self-care, that holds work life balance at a premium in which all team members are encouraged to work a maximum of 30 hours a week on average
- Opportunity to chart own growth and development trajectory